A new release is available:
This version could be named Twins: 20.08 is released on 2020-08-08.
The other numbers are:
- 1175 commits from 159 authors
- 1199 files changed, 137604 insertions(+), 35611 deletions(-)
It is not planned to start a maintenance branch for 20.08. This version as previous ones are ABI-compatible with 19.11.
Below are some new features, grouped by category.
- external thread registration API
- bit operations API for drivers
- VFIO PF with VF token
- new mempool ring modes (RTS/HTS)
- eCPRI offload with flow API
- Tx scheduling offload
- crypto-CRC chained operation for DOCSIS protocol
- new device class API for future RegEx drivers
- Nvidia Mellanox RegEx driver for BlueField-2 DPU
- testpmd 5-tuple swap for L2/L3/L4
- performance test application for flow rules
- l2fwd forwarding between asymmetric ports
More details in the release notes:
There are 52 new contributors (including authors, reviewers and testers).
Welcome to Adrián Moreno, Archit Pandey, Bin Huang, Devendra Singh Rawat, Dodji Seketeli, Dongyang Pan, Evgeny Efimov, Francis Kelly, Gaurav Singh, Gregory Etelson, Guy Kaneti, Hongzhi Guo, Hrvoje Habjanic,
Jakub Chylkowski, Jecky Pei, Jeff Kirsher, Kamil Bednarczyk,
Levend Sayar, Long Li, Lotem Leder, Maciej Hefczyc, Mao Jiang,
Mateusz Kowalski, Netanel Gonen, Nick Nunley, Nir Efrati, Parav Pandit,
Patrick Fu, Pavel Ivashchenko, Piotr Skajewski, Renata Saiakhova,
Roman Fridlyand, Roman Kapl, Sasha Neftin, Sergey Madaminov,
Shibin Koikkara Reeny, Shuanglin Wang, Shy Shyman, Simon Horman,
Stanislaw Grzeszczak, Surabhi Boob, Thierry Martin, Timothy McDaniel,
Todd Fujinaka, Vitaly Lifshits, Vivien Didelot, Wei Xie, Weifeng Li,
Yicai Lu, Yuval Avnery, Yuying Zhang, and Zhiguang He.
Below is the number of commits per employer (with authors count):
362 Intel (45)
276 Nvidia Mellanox (24)
157 Broadcom (15)
68 Huawei (10)
64 Red Hat (5)
51 NXP (8)
50 ARM (5)
49 Marvell (12)
32 Microsoft (3)
16 BIFIT (1)
7 Emumba (2)
6 Solarflare (1)
6 Chelsio (2)
5 OKTET Labs (4)
The new features for 20.11 can be submitted during one month.
DPDK 20.11 will be a big and busy release. Please check the schedule:
Thanks everyone, stay safe and keep up morale.